Studying in a foreign land may be a daunting prospect and living so far away from family and friends can sometimes seem overwhelming. We understand the need for a comfortable home life in order to be truly successful in a U.S school, so we make every effort to find the perfect host family for each student. The physical and emotional well-being of each student is a priority to us.
- Each host family is hand-selected and the family goes through a rigorous screening, background check, and interview.
- Host families provide a safe environment for the students to learn and grow.
- Host families are located near the school so students can easily attend school activities.
- Each student will have his/her own room with a desk, space for personal belongings, and well-balanced meals every day.
- Students will have many opportunities to practice and improve their English-speaking skills and to learn the American way of life quickly and safely.
- A Host Family is a cultural ambassador who becomes a student’s second family and helps him/her make new and lasting friendships.
What does a Host Family provide and what are the benefits?
The Host Family provides
- A warm, safe environment for the student to learn and grow. The student will have his/her own room with a desk and space for personal belongings
- Nutritional, well-balanced meals on a regular basis.
- An opportunity to practice and improve your English speaking skills and to learn the “American Way of Life” quickly and safely.
- A chance to experience different customs and travel to many exciting cities.
- A new family that will last forever.
Each host family is hand-selected by qualified staff members, and the family is required to go through a long, strict screening process.
Specific Screening Process:
- STEP 1
- Those who are interested in becoming a host family should contact CAPSTONE at info@TheEduLink.com or call 201-845-9322 (U.S.A.).
- STEP 2
- Interested candidates can also download the application forms.
- STEP 3
- CAPSTONE representative make several trips to potential host families’ homes and interviews every family in person.
- STEP 4
- CAPSTONE collects the application from the host family during the visit along with the personal reference and criminal background checks.
- STEP 5
- Family is accepted if proven to be a suitable host family
How to Apply to Become A Host Family
If you are interested in becoming a host family member for CAPSTONE, you must complete a Host Family Application and provide two references. A criminal background check will be conducted by CAPSTONE to ensure the safety of our students. Once this is done, a CAPSTONE consultant will visit you at your home to further interview you.
When your application has been approved, your information will be made available to our students and the selection process will move forward. It is important to note that matching the host family and student is an important process, and it is done with a great deal of consideration so that the student background as well as the host family are as compatible as possible.
Call the CAPSTONE office at 201.845.9322
Email at Kim@TheEduLink.com