Academic Character Camp
(July 14th – August 3rd, 2019 / 3 weeks)
Why choose Academic Character Camp?
- Access to newest computer and robotics technology for unparalleled hands-on learning experience
- Immersive American experience: study and live with American “buddy” who will help the student learn English and American culture quickly
- More than just STEAM! This program improves English abilities, brings out creativity, and opens minds.
- Taught by fully licensed, American teachers
- Mentor Advising System
Core Academic Courses - STEAM Project based
Learn the basics of creating a short story. Write summaries of news articles & videos watched
Learn English idioms and give short presentation on pop culture
Watch short videos and programs
TOEFL & SSAT lower level
STEAM Specialized Concentrate Course
- A chance to apply their coding skills to the most advanced “Nao” robots.
- Students will “teach” the robots a new skill. Make them crawl, stand up, walk—all through coding and the student’s imagination.
- Program Nao to play soccer, dance, recognize people, speak, and interact with their environment.
Drones: Build, Program, Race!
- Enter the field of drone creation and programming.
- Learn how to construct and design drones.
- Learn to control and fly drones up to 35 miles an hour.
- Learn concepts in aerodynamics, physics, and programming.
- Access to the emerging field of drones and unmanned flight.
- Engineers must look at a problem, Think creatively, and come up with practical solutions. There is no limit except the student’s creativity.
- Work in teams to come up with a design, test their design, and improve their ideas until the problem is solved
- A full laboratory equipped with computers, 3D printers, and all needed materials
- Many science topics from fields like mechanical engineering, material engineering, civil engineering, and physics.
VEX Robotics Challenge
- VEX is an internationally known robotics challenge.
- A rich exciting platform to immerse themselves in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) through the fun of building robots.
- Design and build a robot to play against other teams in a game-based engineering challenge.
- Learn lifelong skills in teamwork, leadership, communications, and more.
- Access to a state-of-the-art workshop with equipment that no other high school has.
- After this program, students create their own VEX team, and compete in competitions during the school year.
- Access to the latest audio and video equipment at the school
- Create his or her own “news” broadcast of what they have learned during the program
- Shoot their own footage, edit the videos, add music, and include graphics
- The school is fully equipped with professional level equipment from cameras to teleprompters to video editing software
- At the end of the experience, each student will have a fully finished video that they directed, produced, and edited.
- while students use cutting edge technology during the summer program, they will also learn how to bring out their side
- Projects can range from making 3D dioramas to relief printing (carving out a picture to create an image).
- Start with an idea, create a rough draft, and then produce a final piece to take home.
- Have hands-on experience with the guidance of our art instructors